I want to express my appreciation for your grace regarding my unplanned absence for the past several days. I recognized my sense of dread and realized that I was starting to get burned out trying to maintain my posting frequency this month along with also running my handmade business and managing our home while my husband was working full-time for a friend (not typical).
I was overwhelmed and needed a break, and it helped so much!
But no worries. I will continue the Etsy SEO discussion, even if it spills into November.
On Monday, I dipped my toes in the Periscope water as a broadcaster and not just a viewer. I was nervous, but it was fun! I realized that’s exactly what I want for this little series: to talk with you as if we’re sitting down together over a cup of coffee (tea, hot cocoa, whatever your favorite happens to be). There are lots of in-depth discussions about the ins and outs of Etsy SEO, but I just want to chat with you informally.
So here’s the plan. I will jump on Periscope Wednesday-Friday this week right around 11:00 AM PDT (aka Noon MDT / 1 PM CDT / 2 PM EDT). We’ll dish about titles on Wednesday, tags on Thursday, and product descriptions on Friday.
Here’s a quick Periscope rundown in case you haven’t used it:
- Download the app. (It’s available for both iOS and Android.)
- Create an account. You can use either a Twitter account or a phone number.
- Follow me: @MakerySpace
- When I’m live, you will get a notification on your phone (unless you’ve disabled notifications). Here are the options in Settings. Make sure the first two are on for sure.
- Here’s how you can interact on Periscope:
- Tap the screen to send hearts if you like what I’m saying. Feel free to send lots! 🙂 They actually do count for something on Periscope.
- Share the broadcast by either swiping right on iOS or up on Android.
- Type where it says “Say something” to send a comment or question. I will do my best to monitor the chat and answer questions. If I miss yours, wait a bit and ask it again.
- Reply to another viewer’s comment by tapping it and hitting the reply button. That person’s @handle will automatically populate in your response. Replies that mention you will appear with an arrow.
- If you miss watching a live scope, you can find it in my account and view the replay within 24 hours. You can’t comment, but you can still send hearts! Or if you’re later than that, you can find it at katch.me/makeryspace, at least for a week or so.
Let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see you on a scope or two or three!