There have been a lot of great books written in the past decade about being an entrepreneur, running a business, figuring out life balance, etc.
But if you’re a mom or wanting to become a mom in the near future, not all of them may feel like a good fit. Many of those books are aimed at people who are jumping all in and devoting themselves to growing a full-time business. Maybe that’s you, but maybe it’s not. If you have children, it’s possible that you are looking for a way to supplement your family’s income while still being home with your kids, at least the majority of the time.
I have had the privilege of being part of the launch team for Money Saving Mom Crystal Paine’s new book (available tomorrow!), Money-Making Mom: How Every Woman Can Earn More and Make a Difference. I feel so strongly that this book is going to have a huge impact on women who are wanting to do exactly what I described above. I’ve been a “money-making mom” in some fashion for the past 14+ years since my oldest was born, so this isn’t a new idea for me. But I was still very inspired and encouraged by reading this book.
Instead of being just pages of theory, the book is full of practical tips and real-life stories of women who are very much like you and me. I can just about guarantee that you will come away feeling inspired and with a mindset of I can do this! And as indicated by the title, the focus is very much on using that revenue as a tool for making a difference: for your family, for those around you, maybe even for the world. Crystal shares ways she has personally been able to do just that.
I want you to hear more about how this book is already impacting women, so I have invited a few fellow launch team members to join me in a live broadcast via Blab and share what the book has meant to them.
Plus… we might just have a special guest at some point in the broadcast. 🙂
It’s happening today at Noon PST (1 PM MST / 2 PM CST / 3 PM EST). Here’s the skinny:
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BLAB
- The Blab platform is browser-based, which is great because if you use a computer, it’s nice and easy to type comments and you can see the participants well on the screen. You can also watch via the iOS app or in mobile Chrome on Android.
- If you don’t already have a Blab account, go to blab.im, click the button that says Sign up with Twitter, and log in to your Twitter account. It’s that simple! (If you don’t currently have or want a Twitter account, you can create one just for this purpose and not use it for anything else. You can also watch anonymously, but you won’t be able to interact in any way.)
- Find me at blab.im/MakerySpace. (I would love it if you’d follow!)
- Click the Subscribe button on the Money Making Mom Blab you’ll see on that screen. If you have notifications enabled in your settings, you’ll receive one as soon as we’re live. Otherwise, make sure you’re there by Noon PST.
- To interact:
- Click on the square of one of the participants to “give props” when you like something s/he said.
- Comment in the sidebar chat on the right.
- Respond to another participant by clicking the reply symbol next to the comment. Or you can type @ in front of her user name.
- Click the star next to another viewer’s comment–similar to clicking Like on Facebook.
- Ask a question by typing /q in front of it. That way it shows up clearly in the chat bar with the Question icon. It makes it so much easier for the broadcasters to avoid missing a question.
- If you miss watching the live Blab, you’ll be able to find the replay both on this blog post and in my account, blab.im/MakerySpace.
I hope to see you there!
P.S. There are some fantastic bonuses available to anyone who pre-orders the book, but the deadline is today, 11/2! After purchasing, just go to MoneyMakingMomBook.com, click “Claim your pre-order bonuses” at the top, and follow the instructions.
This post contains affiliate links.